It’s a simple sport – at the buzzer, shoot the five steel plates as fast as you can. Different stages feature different sizes and arrangement of plates, and each stage is shot five times, with the slowest time being discarded for scoring purposes. Most importantly, it’s fun!
- 3rd Saturday of the month
- Matches are eight stages requiring a minimum of 200 rounds
- Match fees are $20 for non-members and $15 for RDS members; 2nd gun is $5
- Setup is the morning of the shoot – shoot begins once setup is complete
- Gate entry code is sent out the day prior to the match
- Match sign-up on PractiScore up to 10-days prior
- Gate opens at 9am for setup
- Sign-in starts at 9:45am
- Shooter’s meeting at 10am and first shots thereafter
- Gate opens at 8am for setup
- Sign-in starts at 8:45am
- Shooter’s meeting at 9am and first shots thereafter
New shooters are always welcome and Steel Challenge is a great place to start! Everyone at a match had a “first day” once, and we’re all eager to welcome new people to the sport. Juniors are also welcome, but must be accompanied by a participating responsible adult.
COME OUT AND WATCH
Not ready to compete just yet? Guests and spectators are always welcome (eye and ear protection are required). Please encourage your friends and family to join us and share our site with anyone interested.