UNITED STATES PRACTICAL SHOOTING ASSOCIATION
USPSA courses of fire are designed to be realistic and diverse. USPSA is freestyle and presents you with an infinite variety of scenarios to which you provide your own best solution. Unlike nearly every other shooting sport, power, points and time are all factored equally. Course designers mix props such as walls, barricades, doors, and tables, just to name a few; targets can be full or partial with no-shoots, steel reactive and/or moving, at distances from 1 to 50 yards. Other than standardized targets and long-proven safety rules, you’ll never know what you’re up against until you get to the match!
• 1st Saturday of the month
• Matches are typically six stages requiring 120 to 150 rounds
• Match fees are $20 for non-members and $10 for RDS members
• Setup is the morning of the shoot – shoot begins once setup is complete
• Gate entry code is sent out the day prior to the match
• Match sign-up on PractiScore up to 10-days prior
• Gate opens at 9am for setup
• Sign-in starts at 9:45am
• Shooter’s meeting at 10am and first shots thereafter
• Gate opens at 8am for setup
• Sign-in starts at 8:45am
• Shooter’s meeting at 9am and first shots thereafter
New shooters are always welcome! Everyone at a match had a “first day” once, and we’re all eager to welcome new people to the sport. Below is some helpful info to get you started.
If this is your first time at a match, please let us know on the PractiScore form (there is a spot for it) and let someone know at registration. Please ask any and all questions you have and we will make sure you get started right.
A few good orientation materials are at the links below:
COME OUT AND WATCH
Not ready to compete just yet? Guests and spectators are always welcome (eye and ear protection are required). Juniors shoot for free, but must be accompanied by a participating responsible adult. Please encourage your friends and family to join us and share our site with anyone interested.